Registration is an aid for recovery of a bicycle that is stolen, and it also facilitates enforcement of bicycle regulations.
Registration is free and easy. You are encouraged to expedite the registration process by utilizing the online bicycle registration form, following these procedures:
- Print out the bicycle registration form available at the bottom of this page. Fill in the information asked for as best you can. Please print legibly.
- Bring the registration form and your bicycle to the Kirby Police Department, 4130 Ackerman, to complete the remainder of the registration information with the assistance of an officer or staff member. You must bring your bicycle with you.
- In order for the bicycle registration system to be effective, the information provided must be accurate. Having the correct serial number is particularly important. Some manufacturers use both a name and a number for a model designation, and both a serial number and a model number may be stamped on the bicycle. Be certain that the number that is recorded on this form as the serial number is indeed the serial number.
- Printed registration forms are available at the Kirby Police Department. You can come to the Police Department with your bicycle and complete a printed registration form with the assistance of an officer or staff member once you get there.
- If you have questions, call the Kirby Police Department at (210) 661-8515.
There are many bicycles reported stolen in Kirby each year, most are not registered. You can do yourself a favor by registering your bicycle and by keeping it locked up at all times.